With the NASCAR Hall of Fame, girls can participate in a series of hands-on lessons that may include designing a car, building a model, creating an assembly line and engineering a balloon race car.
Brownies will earn their Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering and Automotive Manufacturing badges.
Brownie Girl Scouts will earn the Automotive Engineering program badges. Girls can participate in a 60-minute workshop and complete three badges: Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering and Automotive Manufacturing. During the sessions, girls will participate in a series of hands-on lessons that include designing a car, building a model, creating an assembly line and engineering a balloon race car.
Program kits and materials are sent to the scout leader at least one week prior to the event. Additional items will be required for some programs.
400 East Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28202
In Person or Virtual:
$145 for up to 25 Girl Scouts; additional fees apply for larger programs; 49 Girl Scouts Max
Contact to Schedule:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your session.
Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Manufacturing
Automotive 1: Design
Find out how automotive designers come up with ideas for new vehicles. Then, take the wheel and design your own!
1. Explore how people move from place to place
2. Discover design criteria
3. Choose your vehicle’s design criteria
4. Sketch a vehicle to meet your criteria
5. Sculpt and share your vehicle
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to design, sketch, and sculpt a vehicle.
Automotive 2: Engineering
Get in gear and explore how automotive engineers build vehicles. Then, engineer your own model of a vehicle to help people during an emergency!
1. Learn about simple machines in vehicles
2. Engineer a vehicle for safety based on criteria
3. Build a vehicle prototype
4. Test and revise your vehicle prototype
5. Share your vehicle prototype and testing results
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how automotive engineers plan, build, test, and improve vehicles.
Automotive 3: Manufacturing
Experience the importance of having a plan and discover how manufacturers build lots of vehicles that are safe and well made!
1. Experience the manufacturing process
2. Learn about the automotive manufacturing process
3. Plan your own automotive manufacturing process
4. Manufacture a set of vehicles
5. Share your automotive manufacturing process
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how vehicles are manufactured in a factory. You’ll also know how to make and test products for people to buy.