With the NASCAR Hall of Fame, girls can participate in a series of hands-on lessons that may include designing a car, building a model, creating an assembly line and engineering a balloon race car.
Juniors will earn their Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering and Automotive Manufacturing badges.
Junior Girl Scouts will earn the Automotive Engineering program badges. Girls can participate in a 60-minute workshop and complete three badges: Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering and Automotive Manufacturing. During the sessions, girls will participate in a series of hands-on lessons that include designing a car, building a model, creating an assembly line and engineering a balloon race car.
Program kits and materials are sent to the scout leader at least one week prior to the event. Additional items will be required for some programs.
400 East Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28202
In Person or Virtual:
$145 for up to 25 Girl Scouts; additional fees apply for larger programs; 49 Girl Scouts Max
Contact to Schedule:
Email email@example.com to schedule your session.
Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Manufacturing
Automotive 1: Design
Do you want to take a ride in your dream car? Before you can do that, you need to design it! Discover how to create vehicles by sketching and sculpting a model.
1. Explore mobility across time
2. Conduct automotive market research
3. Create your vehicle’s design criteria
4. Sketch a vehicle to meet your criteria
5. Sculpt and share your vehicle
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know about innovation and market research. You’ll know how to create criteria, sketch, and sculpt a vehicle.
Automotive 2: Engineering
Find out how automotive engineers fuel the future by building and testing vehicles. Then, create your own model of an alternative fuel vehicle!
1. Learn about simple machines in vehicles
2. Engineer a vehicle that uses alternative fuel
3. Build a vehicle prototype
4. Test and revise your vehicle prototype
5. Share your vehicle prototype and testing results
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to use the Design Thinking Process to plan, build, test, and improve prototypes.
Automotive 3: Manufacturing
Explore how automotive manufacturers build lots of vehicles without wasting time and how they make sure the vehicles are ready for the road!
1. Experience the manufacturing process
2. Learn about the automotive manufacturing process
3. Plan your own automotive manufacturing process
4. Manufacture a set of vehicles
5. Innovate your automotive manufacturing process
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how high quality vehicles are manufactured.