Ambassador Girl Scouts can participate in creative STEM activities with a focus on technology as tools for imaginative exploration. Engineering, entertainment, art and design.
Exploration of making “widgets” using our program’s 5 C’s recipe:
– Courage: to think anew, to share your ideas and articulate them clearly
– Care: to avoid intentional harm from your actions or ideas
– Creativity: to recalibrate, revise,, or restart when things don’t go according to plan
– Commitment: to an idea or process and the willingness to see it through, even when it is no longer fun or exciting.
– Community: because sharing with others is how we bond and grow together ❤
121 North Water St, Suite 209, Decatur, IL 62523
In Person or Virtual:
Dependent on programming and duration. Call for details.
Contact Jesse Blunt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 217-521-5941.
Ambassador Journey: Think Like an Engineer
Journey: Think Like an Engineer
In this Journey, you will:
- Find out how engineers use design thinking to solve problems.
- Do 3 design thinking activities: design and build prototypes of an animal enrichment product, a zip line course, and mobility equipment.
- Plan a Take Action project that helps others. If you’re a Girl Scout volunteer, go to Volunteer Toolkit for complete meeting plans and activity instructions.
Learn more about how to earn your Take Action Award — and help your community — with the Girl Scout Take Action Guide. Then use your leadership skills to earn your Gold Award, the highest award for Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors!